Advanced Passenger Info for Spain

G

GarydeDub

Hi All.

Going to Spain with 8 relatives next week and I booked all of the flight tickets. Do I have to contact them all to get their passport numbers etc for The API as stated on The Aer Lingus website or how stringently is it enforced on the Spanish side?

Thanks

Advance information

I am wondering same. I have booking for 5 people. Flight going out with Aer Lingus and coming back with Ryanair. Do I need to get all passport details as well? Do I need to input Ryanair info now and Aer Lingus info when printing boarding cards? All very confusing..

Yes - when you checkin online you will be asked for each persons Passport number, Date of Birth AND expiry date of passport. It's not a major problem as long as you text everyone a bit in advance for the information. You can't checkin online when returning (AFAIK) so you just checkin as normal and there's no need to repeat the information to the checkin person.

Ok. Thanks for that Elcato. Wasn't going to check everybody in online but it's probably better if I do.

I and many other travel agents book hundreds of Spanish bound EI flights and never bother with the API and there's never been any problem.
Also, EI don't mention the need for API for Spain except inside their small print conditions which they know few people read -which is an indication of the importance they attach to this subject.

So if you dont have the time nor inclination -or indeed all the neccessary details at hand - to do the API thing then don't worry.

Back