advanced comestic surgery & broken veins

P

peggybetty

anyone have any dealings with them ? Any good ?
I want to get broken veins removed so any other recommendation would be appreciated.

And in case anyone feels like slagging me off for being vain, yes I am.

Hi Peggy,

Sorry I can't comment on the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery but have done some reading on broken veins.

When you say 'having them removed' do you mean by laser treatment? This does appear to be the most popular treatment at the moment but is costly I understand. Just like the laser eye treatment I have my doubts about lasers and believe they are still in their infancy and I would prefer to let others be the guinea pigs!

Did you see Nationwide on RTE1 last week where they ran an item on men using beauty salons and one clinic they mentioned and I have read good reports on is [broken link removed].

A work colleague did try a procedure [broken link removed] called diathermy I think, which involves inserting a needle into the vein to cauterise it but as far as I can remember she said it was quite expensive and she did not see any marked improvement in the problem.

I would stress that I don't have any association with the above establishments or any experience of the above treatments.

Hope this helps.

I went to the Dublin Diathermy clinic and it hurt like hell so never went back for a second appointment (was €80 per 20 min session). Didn't see any difference either.

Going to Total Fitness Blanchardstown Beauty Salon in a few weeks to have the job done properly on my cheeks and chin (€150 per area so €450 in total - by laser this time - more expensive but hopefully will hurt less!).

Will let you know how I get on.

The things we girls do, eh ...

Rotunda do let me know how you got on. What I want to get done is just on small spot but right in the middle of my nose. It was a spot about 2 years ago that I gave more than a little squeeze to and I now have a permanent red mark. Lovely !

Cosmetic work

I have a broken vein on my nose - or this is what I think it is - can anybody give me information on how I would try and get same removed ? I would be grateful for all suggestions.

How did you get on ? Have the same problem as peggabetty with the spot in the middle of her nose. just interested.

Re: Cosmetic work

Hi, I'm not sure where abouts you are, but I got my tattoo removed by this crowd in Limerick and they were really nice, there seemed to be a lot of women getting their broken veins (on their legs) done and I also met one woman with threadveins on her face who was very happy with the results. [broken link removed]

Back