Advance Passenger Info for Spain

Stronge

I have just printed out my boarding card with Aer Lingus and I find I have not put in my Advance Pass. Info. you can not do it once you have printed out boarding card, what do I do now??? I really feel so stupid..

Call Aer Lingus and find out? It is early enough in the day - they are still open, just give them a ring.

Stronge - I'd be interested to know what Aer Lingus tell you; they don't make it clear on their website that this is required (there is a small paragraph under the sub-section "passports and visas" which is part of the general booking conditions that -like the Lisbon Treaty - only ten people have ever read).
Ryanair make it very clear the moment you request a booking to Spain.

I wonder ,considering you now have the boarding pass, what would really happen if you didnt provide this information.

1. Ryanair wont let you board the plane unless you supply the info to the Spanish authorities in advance.

2. I have boarded at least two Aer Lingus flights to Spain without supplying the info and there was nothing about it.

Well, Leper, I'm glad someone I trust said that about EI not checking ! The tour operators seem not to ask for this either. I wonder whether I should bother even telling customers about it. Other than ryanair nobody -including Spanish authorities-seem to care about the API.

Got back from Spain on Wednesday so this is what happened:
I arrived in Dublin airport and went to the Aer Lingus desk and the girl there said I would not be able to print out my boarding pass unless I had put in the API! I was nearly 99% sure I had not entered the API so I just went ahead and had no problem. I spoke to a girl who I work with and she had booked 4 people on a trip to Spain with a Tour Co. and she was very sure that she had not entered the API as she had booked the packet holiday on line and there was no place to enter the info. I am now very confused I do not know who checks this info. Ryan Air will not let you print out your boarding card unless you have this info put in but Aer Linges and the tour operators seem to be different.....

I flew to Spain in January of this year, definitely did not enter any api online, wasn't asked to enter it, didn't bother volunteering it and wasn't asked anything about it on entry to or exit from Spain.