Advance check in - Aer Lingus

CMK

Just wondering about the "advance check in" option with Aer Lingus. We are going to Scotland (hand luggage only) and already have seat numbers which you need for this option. You can check in I think 30 days in advance with this option.

Two things:

1. Do you just go straight to departure gates; and

2. How much time in advance of the flight do you need to be at the airport/departure gates?

thanks

Well it would seem you've already paid the extra money if you've already been allocated seat numbers, I don't know why people bother doing this but that's your call.

Yes, when you check in online, you will be able to print off your boarding card, you then scan this while going through the entrance to security and head straight to the Departure Gates - if it's Aer Lingus regional then you'll actually be going from Terminal 1 not Terminal 2 where most of the other Aer Lingus flights go from.

Depends on the time of day and how busy security is, I got to the airport on Friday at 640pm for a 725pm flight (bus got delayed) and got through security very quickly but I had planned to be in the airport just after 6. I'd normally give myself 90 minutes before the flight.

The flights to Scotland tend to go from the old pier D which is now gates 212-220 so not much of a walk from security.

Be aware my flights were both delayed, by only 10 minutes on the way over but 30 minutes on the way home so if you're getting a bus home from the airport just factor in a bit of a delay.

Don't spend extra money purchasing front row seats because (a) you can't put any hand luggage under your seat and (b) the overhead locker above these seats is always full as it is bused by either cabin crew or those who got on before you :)

thanks for replies
Dereko1969 - thanks for pointing out that its Terminal 1 and a regional flight - I only just realised the baggage alloawance is only 7 kg for regional & dimensions are different as well... therefore you saved alot of stress at airport. I think it will be rucksacks we will be bringing!

tks

I would have been over the 7kg myself and over the measurements, they did ask to see the bag itself when I checked in at the desk in Glasgow on the way back but thankfully did not weigh the bag.

I did Terminal 1 security on Friday morning and it took 30 mins at 7am. On previous trip it took 55 minutes at 6am also on a weekday. Don't cut it too close to your flight!

flight is at 3.30 on Friday afternoon so hopefully getting there at 2.15 latest - we are both working in the morning!

Back