Adelaide Terrace, Kilmainham

ciaran1

I am interested in a house for sale here. Just wondering if anyone knows this road/Brookfield road. Any particular problems to look out for?

Thanks in advance

I am interested in a house for sale here. Just wondering if anyone knows this road/Brookfield road. Any particular problems to look out for?

Thanks in advance
I lived on Brookfield Rd for years and really liked it. Nice neighbours and a good atmosphere in the area.

Adelaide Rd would be better as it is a cul de sac and therefore quieter.
You can hear traffic on Brookfield Rd, but we didn't have good double glazing.

The bus service into town is very frequent.

I know that it is a slightly rougher part of town in general, but I never saw a hint of trouble.

I live just over the Luas line in Rialto and I've walked down that road a couple of times admiring it, it seems really nice and quiet. After having previously lived on a more main road, I now love living on a street with little/no through traffic. Plus the houses look great - who doesn't like redbrick? I reckon if you got one of the houses on the left hand side as you walk down (ie with south/south-west facing garden), you'd be on a winner.

My uncle has lived on Adelaide terrace for about 20 years. Lovely old red brick house on a nice quiet friendly street. Only a couple of mins walk to the Luas too!

Good luck with it!

Thanks very much to both.The house sold in less than 2 weeks! Rang to look for a second viewing and was told that it was gone. I'm not surprised, was really nice house/street. Oh well....