Adding bathroom to attic conversion - worth it?

Stevo2006

Hi all,

A friend of mine is just about to embark on converting his attic into a games room/extra bedroom when needed. I have suggested that he adds at least a small toilet and basin, preferably shower also as it will add significantly more value than just the plain conversion.

He thinks that it is not worth the money as there are three toilets in the house already.

Can anyone suggest what is best?

Is the whole country gone toilet mad. I grw up in a house of 6 with 1 toilet and bath. Nowadays we are looking at average size houses with 4/5 toilets in them. Is it the food or what???

We just did. To a certain extent it depends on who's going to be using the new upstairs bedroom. At the moment our eldest (doing her Leaving Cert) has the 'luxury suite', but one day it'll be ours, all ours...!

By the time that comes around — she's the eldest of five — myself and Mrs M will probably be glad not to have to go downstairs for a wee in the middle of the night (hopefully not too frequently! :eek: ).

So it's worth thinking ahead. It'll certainly be a lot cheaper to plumb it in now than to go back and do it in 5/10/15 years' time.

[Edit/P.S. There are seven of us, so one main bathroom, an en-suite w/shower off the master bedroom and an under-stairs loo and whb weren't really enough.]

Is the whole country gone toilet mad. I grw up in a house of 6 with 1 toilet and bath. Nowadays we are looking at average size houses with 4/5 toilets in them. Is it the food or what???

Convenience maybe?? I'm sure that 6 people sharing 1 toilet led to one or two inconveniences??

Back