Adare Manor in Limerick

Hi guys

Does anybody know what the food is like in the Adare Manor in Limerick in particularly the Oakroom Restaurant. I'm thinking of paying for my parents to have dinner here as a Christmas present. I am in two minds though as for an extra €20 I could get them a weekened break in a 4* spa hotel in Cork.

I would just like to know what the food is like there before I make my decision.

Many Thanks

Sorry I don't know but I do know there is a little restaurant up Adare street, think its called the Arches, went there once and it was fantastic

We ate there a couple of years ago and, while the food and service was excellent, I found the whole experience a bit ...stuffy?
Maybe it's just the 'prole' in me, but I'd certainly prefer a weekend break in a 4* spa hotel! :D

I have eaten there this year and it was nice but the price of drinks there was very expensive. A bottle of house wine was €30 and I would prefer a 4* hotel than this experience like op I found it a bit hush hush. We found ourself whispering to each other.

Yes, like the last two posts have stated it is very formal. So if that is the type of venue your Parents like it would be appreciated, its a really beautiful place in a lovely town, and the golf is great if they are into that they maybe could get a chance to play. Otherwise go for the Hotel Break....they may have a lot more fun for your buck.

I stayed there a few months ago really enjoyed it, have to say I didn't find it stuffy. Food was excellent but it is pricey.

I find Adare Manor a bit stuffy too. The Dunraven Arms across the road is a lot more relaxed and the food is very good too.

I was there 2 years ago - food was ok to good depending on what you had. Decor needed a serious uplift but I believe they have done this in parts.

Personally weekend break sounds like a runner........you will always hear people talk about their weekend away but how many years later do you hear people talk about food they had "one" time??

thanks for all the input - unfortunately I am still none the wiser as I know my mother has been talking about going for dinner in the Adare Manor for quiet a while now but like you all said the break would be better value and might make more sense

you will always hear people talk about their weekend away but how many years later do you hear people talk about food they had "one" time??
Disagree with you, we're all still talking about the meal we had in Chamonix 4 years ago etc. We're foodies and go out of our way for the best meals. OP if your mother just wants the Adare experience, and one will always have a hankering to try these things occasionally then maybe it's a good thing to do but if she really likes her food you should check if the food there makes it into the recommended food guides etc. If you're paying big money it should be to nearly Michelen level. How about an afternoon tea there with her and the spa weekend too. Then she'll get the experience at an affordable price.

I'd say check out the trip advisor reviews.

I' d stayed there many moons ago and the food is on par with the 5 star hotel that the restaurant is in. So if you think its good enough depends on how much you are prepared to over and above a 'normal' meal price.
I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and of couuse the food is never worth the price (personal opinion) - by that I mean it is never worth twice to three times other normal restaurants - but what you are buying is the up market dining experience and all that comes with it.

The hotel itself is spectacular.

Back