Ad Selling Runners to Women by Showing Women's Bottoms

mathepac

There's a Reebok ad running on some of the commercial TV channels that features seemingly endless film clips of nicely rounded womens' bottoms variously clad in tight shorts / nix / bikinis. The ad says if you would like one of these bottoms (and nice shapely legs) wear the runners and bingo they're yours.

The ad makes little sense to me (apart from allowing me indulge myself in a few seconds of lechery ) unless it's the old "men will find you more attractive if you wear our runners and they'll check you out as you run past" line. Does that old advertising chestnut still work in the 21st century?

i'd agree the ad is a bit OTT with the amount of bums it shows but the idea is that the runners give the feeling of walking on sand and so tones the legs and bum, or so the marketing says anyway.

I got them, and they are soo comfortable,the most comfortable Ive ever had.

You should see my butt!

Wonder can I claim for false advertising

The ad makes little sense to me...

Does it have to? While some may mistake it for shallow male lechery, I see my lack of intake of the message behind the ad as a two fingers to the advertising industry. I'll take your shots of rear ends and enjoy it, but I'm not going to listen to what you're trying to sell.

While I'm not the demographic they're after, I still feel in some way I've won.

LOL

I haven't even seen this ad. Kind of want to now.

mathepac, OK,you really are an old lecher - I normally tune out all the ads, but of course, some men just can't help it ...
the point about these shoes is, their special foot-sole is supposed to support the kind of walking which makes your legs and butt really firm - you could always run a trial and post a photo of "before" and "after" in this forum

One should tape that Specsavers ad, there's so many you dont know where to look. Yer wan at the end of the ad is quite shapely I must say.

p.s. isnt it a complete rip off of a Lynx ad from a year ago.

You should see my butt!

I call anything like the MBT's, crocs, The anti-shoes.

These do look nice though.

One should tape that Specsavers ad...isnt it a complete rip off of a Lynx ad from a year ago.

It is indeed and that's what makes it great. Really reinforces the message. Can any one think of another ad that was based on an ad from a different company for a completely different product?
Subaru and Bentley having a go at the BMW/Audi was also very good.

You should see my butt!

Do your legs kill you after wearing them as I have heard this from some people, even heard in a shop people tired bringing them back because of this - they thought they were faulty

I liked the Sprite pastiche from a few years ago of the general slo-mo gorgeous people beach adverts: "what do the really beautiful people drink?"

In fact most of the Sprite ads are good - pity I can't say the same for their over carbonated tasteless product.

I was at the doctors this morning and the only magazine available to read was Mens Esquire. I had to laugh at how stupid some of the ads were. It had one ad which was a fully naked model holding her hands over her crotch and wearing a pair of high heels - The ad was selling the shoes to men and the caption was, "men your girlfriend wants these shoes". Blatant or wha?? funny though

Do your legs kill you after wearing them as I have heard this from some people, even heard in a shop people tired bringing them back because of this - they thought they were faulty

I['ve had them for over a month, my legs don't kill but the next morning If wore the the day before it can feel like I've done some serious squats!

No complaints here and wouddn't return them!

One problem i have is trying to keep my balance in the on the bus or the dart when it's moving!

... trying to keep my balance in the on the bus or the dart ...
You bought these yokes designed for running your way into shapliness and now you wear them posing on public transport? I'm writing to Mr. & Mrs. Reebok immediately advising them to make sure you don't feature in their next ad for very tight, skimpy tops. These special tops are designed to improve men's facial and neck muscles by encouraging smiling, whistling, winking, side-ways glances, head-turning, etc.