Actual cost of selling home????

B

bishop

A friend is currently going through a separation and need to find out the options available to them regarding either to sell the house of buy their partner out. To ensure they make the right decision I was wondering if anyone can answer the following:

The house is valued at around €500,000 what would the estate agent charge to sell it?
What would a solicitor cost to sell the house? Given the fact that there is a separation involved would they both require a solicitor to sell the property?
Are they any other changer that they need to take into consideration when selling (tax on equity for example)?

Kind Regards

Cost of Selling Home

Hello Bishop,

Approximte cost of selling house:

Estate Agents fee 1.25 % of 500,000 = 6,250

Solictors fee = 3,000

I don't know if they would both require a solicitor.

Regards,

K.

Re: Cost of Selling Home

Or they could save themselves €6250 by selling the house themselves!

Is 1.25% the norm for estate agents as I have been quoted 1.5% (inc. VAT) by three seperate agents.

You can negotiate a percentage with estate agents, some will sell your house for 1% plus advertising costs, etc......

Where are you located ? i have sold houses with a company that charge from .49 % to 1% depending on what package you choose. Problem is they only operate in dublin and westmeath at the moment.

I recently contacted a number of agents in south Dublin and they all were charging 1%. SherryFitz and Lisney normally charge highest. Remember the quoted percent does not include VAT (nor advertising which is usually 200-500) so add 21% on top of their fee. No sale, no fee (except for advertising). Example of 1% quotes: DNG, PropertyPartners

But are the more expensive estate agents worth their money. We sold our first house through a smaller local estate estate cos he charged less but with the benefit of hindsight I don't think they did anything to achieve the best price possible. Once they got a bid they just wanted to be out.

as previously posted, 1% is achieveable from estate agents.
3000 is off the wall for sol fees for a straight sale. 1000 + outlay+vat is more the mark

Back