Acttic Insulation

JoeHooker

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good supplier for Actis Triso Super 10, and a good price. Or do i have to rent a van and travel to the UK to get the best deal. Has anybody installed it in there house and what layout did you use, i'm going placing it on the inside of the inner leaf with the dry-lining.

Have a look at http://www.uvalue.ie/
I came across their site when researching my insulation project.
I didn't use this product in the end though for my initial phase, but I might come back to it again as I'd say it's very easy to work with.
I'd be interested to hear how you get on i.e. if it's a full success or not.
Rgds
F.
ps I've no connection with this company

lots of information in the news recently forcing the suppliers to rollback on their insulation claims (too late for me - I used it in my extension and am sorry - losing alot of heat through ceiling) - have a look at :

[broken link removed] for discussion and links.

Have recently purchased a 2nd hand house with attic part converted. No insulation and I was thinking of using standard Kingspan sheets cut to fit between the rafters and plasterboard finish to cover. This may not be the best option so I would appreciate any comments.

I used a product called Aerodorm Platinium (by aerobord) for this job. It's slightly compressible and easy to cut so it's fairly easy to fit and is lovely to work with. I shyed away from the kingspan version cause I heard it's very messy to work with mainly cause of the dust factor and difficulty fitting (no compressability in what I saw).
F.
ps still no connection with these companies

Sorry for the miss-spelling but i was meant to put Actis as thats the company that makes Triso Super10, but i'am slightly worried about what Nai has said, is there anybody else with this problem. Is it a case of going with something like Kingspan Dry-lining board.