Acting as middle man for business

M&M

Company X requires a service and I know that Company Y can provide it.
I want to act as a middle man and take a cut (I would have to work hard for this, I am not trying to con people)

There is going to be a need for X and Y to communicate, but I would minimise this as much as possible, but there would still be some interaction.

Company X would invoice me and I would invoice Company Y say 20% more.

What can I put in place to ensure that X and Y dont cut me out of the deal? Is there need for a solicitor to be involved, or can I draw up a document that both parties sign? Is there such a thing available online anywhere? What is the name of this agreement? An NDA?

I would also have repeat business for Company Y, so the agreement would be with them, but I also want to ensure that Company X have to come through me for any repeat business if necessary, so I would need something in place with them too.

You need a signed agreement/contract. If you don’t have a template in place you should talk to a solicitor.
What you are proposing is not unusual; I use a number of agent who earn a % on the business they bring in. I also use agents for business I contract out. In each case the agent adds value (takes cost away from me) so the relationship works.

In the end it will come down to trust and the value you add for both parties; if you are providing a good service then the rest will follow.

Back