Accounts Online Export

G

GoneShootin

So currently I'm using BOI Online to review my details - but I'd love to be able to somehow receive a daily snapshot on these details. Methods such as:

Export of information in some format [Excel,CSV].
Ability to login and download this information in above formats.

Does anyone know if the BOI give this ability, and if there are any other banks out there that provide such a service?

(wasnt sure if I shoudl post here or over in the IT section, so mods please delete as required)

In case it's of any use ... I needed to do this with tabular web based data where there was no specific support for CSV etc. export and I found that just selecting, copying and pasting the data from the web page into Excel worked fine (although I had to do Edit -> Paste Special... -> Text when doing this from Firefox rather than IE) - i.e. the table fields were allocated to individual Excel cells. Obviously it helps if you can get all the data that you need in one table/web page so that you can just do one select/copy/paste operation.

Most other banks (AIB etc etc) have export options, BOI claim they are updating the system soon (but not for the first time...) there is a demo available, but I don't remember seeing an option to export the data.

Unfortunately I've a few accounts so to in and out of each one would cause me grief. I did find a BOI export menu option that when I try to use it all I get is blank data.

Towger is that from personal experience or common knowledge?

Towger is that from personal experience or common knowledge?

I have used exports from AIB's IBB Business banking and MBNA. It is know it is available from NIB and UB. It is definitely not available with BOI Personal banking and I can see no sign of it in the new version's demo . A pity realy, as it would be an easy option to add.
I also see they have not improved the design of the 'Make a Payment' screen. Having the radio buttons on the right looks crap on a widescreen monitor, plus the fact that the screen to confirm the transfer does not display the Beneficiary Name allows mistakes to be made very easy.