Accountant for one-man Ltd Company in D8?

D

dairec

Hi there,

I'm an IT contractor who has been doing my own accounts (with a little help from an accountant friend) for a few years.

I now want to offload this work to an accountant. Basically, I need to be set-up so that I can do my own monthly stuff myself and then have the accountant do the end-of-year revenue and CRO returns. I would also need to be able to consult when my circumstances change (e.g. starting a pension, increase in rates etc.)

I've submitted my returns for 2006 so the next big batch of work won't be for a while but I'd like to get advice straight away (I was waiting until the end-of-year busy period ended).

Are there any accountants here who could quote or can anyone recommend their accountant?

I'm in Dublin8.

Thanks,
Daire

Have you fallen out with your accountant friend. Could he or she not give a recommendation?

Have you fallen out with your accountant friend. Could he or she not give a recommendation?

No, its just that, though he's a qualified accountant, he works for one of the big consulting companies and was never really that experienced with doing small business stuff. He doesn't have his own accounting practice or anything, he was just helping me out.

I thought I'd be only contracting for a few months so I never sorted out a proper accountant but now, a few years later, I'm finally getting around to it.

Daire