Accountancy fees: Advice needed.

Tomas

I have Ltd company and am a subcontractor in the building trade. I have no employees and complete my own vat returns. My last bill from accountant was for over 2`700 euro. This included end of year returns, corporation tax and submitting returns to companies Reg Office.

Is the above a fair price? I have been with the same firm for a good while now, they are quite a big firm and I would guess i would be one of their smaller clients (probably smallest). While they have always been very professional, i never see the same person twice and have not really built up much of a relationship with them.

I would ideally like to move to a smaller firm, but not to sure How to go about it.
Any advice really appreciated. :confused:

I am sure a smaller firm could do it for €1,200 plus vat. I would go to a smaller firm where you can build a relationship and drop in at short notice and be dealt with by the same person. I can not see that their would be a major amount of work in it. The cleaner the books the accountant would still make a profit at 1200 charge

Its absolutely impossible and meaningless to say that €x or €y is a fair price unless and until you know the state of the books and records, the volume of transactions, the history and particulars of the case (eg whether a c2 holder or not), and the level of tax compliance.

If you want to move to a smaller firm, ask friends, family and colleagues for recommendations.

Back