Accommodation in Prague

Paddylast

Anyone stayed in an apartment in Prague. Looking for a two bed preferably on the Castle side but anywhere central but not noisy. Any links would be appreciated.

I have rented apartments in Prague several times. In fact, I never go for hotels there as apartments are a much better deal. A company that I found to be very reliable is Mowitania. They have English-speaking agents in Prague so that you do not have to deal with a landlord that speaks Czech only (this happened to me before with a different company and was quite an adventure :).

An apartment that we rented before and absolutely loved was this one. Another apartment in the same building is this one.

Both apartments are in the Little Quarter, very close to the castle, right beside a tram stop and only a couple minutes' walk from Charles Bridge. And in case you get homesick, there is an Irish pub nearby :).

Thanks undo for that link. I will take a look. I know someone who stayed near the Castle and highly recommends the area. Unfortunately, he can't remember the address of the apartment!! So many have just one bedroom. Finding two separate bedrooms appears to be more difficult. Anyway, thanks again for your reply.

The apartment we stayed at had two bedrooms and a large kitchen. It was very close to the castle as well - the Little Quarter is the on the castle side of the river.

Try the U Zlate Studny Hotel, which is just behind the Old Town Square and 5 mins walk from The Charles Bridge. If you "google" it you'll find their website, it's a beautiful 14th century building it has ordinary rooms, and one and two bedroom apartments. It's reasonably priced and the location is really brilliant, near all the life of the Old Town Square but behind it down a side street. It's within walking distance of both the Castle area (uphill) in one direction and Wenceslas Square in the opposite direction. The nearest Metro station is five minutes walk away. I was there with friends for the Christmas markets last year and it was perfect.

I stayed in one of these apartments on Liliova, a street parallel to Karlova, just between Charles Bridge and Old Town Square and was very happy with the area. It's not on the castle side but was really convenient to lots of pubs and restaurants, and the area is just bursting with character. It wasn't booked through the website I've linked to (can't remember who it was booked through), but it was very quiet - there was a doorway off the street into a courtyard from which the apartment is accessed.

If/when I go back to Prague I wouldn't even consider staying on the Castle side (lovely though it is) - I would always want to stay in the Old Town area.

If OP has not been to Prague before, maybe it should be noted that the old town is rather compact - and all bits of it are very interesting. So which side of it you stay is not really an issue as long as it is not more than a few minutes' walk away. I have stayed in the Little Quarter (castle side), New Town (south of the old town) and further out east several times. Each one worked equally well for me.

Back