Accommodation in Bergen Norway

REXO

Hello people,
Can anyone recommend a good budget hotel in Bergen Norway. one that they may have used themselves. Ive no problem with finding a raft of hotels there, but if someone had a good experience in one in particular , it'd great to hear from you

Thanks

Rexo

Hi Rexo,

How you getting there ? Is there direct flights from Ireland now ?

Ta !

Im flying to oslo via amsterdam and getting the (train+fjord ferry+train) onto Bergen , staying for two nights in bergen , 6 nights in norway altogether.

Rexo,
I stayed in Bergen last year at the Hotel Park Pension, 3 star and cost about €110. Check out www.travelres.com/bergen
www.tripadvisor.com, www.bergen-travel.com

The studio type room we got was in the section on the other side of quiet street and it was great in comparison to some of the places we stayed in Norway.
Nice place to stay and it is only a 10 minute walk downhill to centre of town.
University is next door to it.
Bergen is nice place to wander round, especially round the old town.
Take the tour bus up to the cable car and go up it, the view is well worth it.
Like everything in Norway it is expensive.
Do not start converting the prices to Euro, it will only make you sad.

As regards Norway, scenery is absolutely fantastic, Geiranger fjord and Preikestolen (Pulpit rock), the ones in all the pictures are amzing.
They are a good way north and south of Bergen not sure how you would get to them without car.
Go to tourist office and check out tours, I think there are boat tours out to the fjords, the place is full of them.

J

jMayo,
Thanks alot for all that information. I'll try your advice regarding euro conversions. I dont mind getting fleeced if its as nice as they say!

Cheers

Rexo

Back