Accomadation in Stockholm

J

joie

Hi All,

I am going to a wedding of a close friend of mine in Sweden end of June beginning July this year. There is a group of us going - up to 12 (6 couples). The wedding itself is in Ostersund and we will be staying Fri/Sat/Sun night for which we have accommodaion.

However we are going to be in Stockholm the two days before the wedding Wed/Thurs and the two days after the wedding MOn/Tue. We are looking for accommodation preferrably where we can all stay in the same place. Unfortunately accomodation in Stockholm seems to be very expensive (Ave. €160 per room per night). We are not afraid to stay in hostels but would prefer private ones with private rooms. We have tried a few already which are booked.

Can anyone recommend places to stay in Stockholm for us to stay?

Thanks,
joie

Have a look at . Its fairly reliable as regards info on hotels and will give you an idea of what to expect. Then check http://www.hotels.com (www.hotels.com) or any of the numerous other websites for prices. I stayed in a hotel next to the train station and beside the Radisson SAS in the centre of Stockholm. I can't remember the name but it was very nice and reasonably priced for Sweden. They had internal rooms without windows that were cheaper again.

The Rica Hotel in Stockholm is nice and central. There's usually special offers on http://www.hotels.com like stay 2 nights and get 20% off.

I would recommend you visit the Destination Stockholm site where you will find the cheapest deals on hotels in Stockholm. Booking through them includes breakfast and a Stockholm Card which entitles you to free travel on trains, buses and even boat trips.

If you could get a deal on the:

First Hotel Amaranten
Kungsholmsgatan 31 104 20 Stockholm

It is excellent! Four star hotel.

I got a single room for 60 euros per night in august but it seems this was during business holiday season when everything is rock bottom price.

Lovely city enjoy.

Word of advice though...

Stick to beer or wine if you want to stay in budget. Also bring headache tablets for any hangovers... Bit of a nanny state over there as you need to go to hospital to get aspirin or paracetomol for the thumping headache next morning ;-).

[broken link removed]

Hotels should be cheap in July, as Swedes go on holiday and business is non existent (like France in August), therefore hotels are cheaper. Link above is for a hostel on Longholmen which is a beautiful little island and is well served by No 4 bus and the Underground from Hornstull (Red Line) about 300m away from island.

Stayed at the Crystal Plaza a couple of years back, very nice.