Accidental Damage Claim

traceyoh

Hi All,

I have just called through a claim to my home insurance provider. I let a pot fall on my ceramic cooker hob, and it cracked right the way accross the hob. In order for them to process my claim, they need the following pieces of info:

1 - Estimate for the cost of replacement and fitting of new hob
2 - Proof that the existing hob cannot be repaired

As this is my first time claiming from my home insurance, I am not quite sure who to go to, to get these pieces of information. When I bought the house, I paid an extra premium to have the kitchen goods included, so I did not buy the hob myself. I live in the Westmeath area, and would be grateful if anyone could give me some advise on where to go/what to do!

Thanks!

What make is the cooker?
Why are you not claiming for the glass rather than the entire hob?

Hi Mathepac,

The make is Whirlpool hob, with separate oven. I was not aware you could claim just for the glass, and not the entire hob. I am not planning on claiming for the oven.

Thanks!

Find your hob here, hopefully - [broken link removed]

Find corresponding spare parts, engineering support, questions answered here, hopefully - [broken link removed]

Decent makes of glass / ceramic hob cookers have replaceable hobs

WITHOUT sounding smart but ceramic hobs only cost from €180 up plus about €40 for an electrician to dis and re-connect, imean is it worth the hassle of going through your ins for that. and only replacing the glass is not as easy as it seems so i would'nt even go down that road..

Back