Accident Repairs

B

brady72

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a mechanic/crash repair garage in the dublin (south/west) area please?

I had a minor incident, where i unavoidably hit an alsation dog that ran out in front of my toyota yaris the other night in the dark. Luckily the dog wasn't killed, however there's a bit of damage to my car. I'm not sure of the extent as i'm no car professional, but to the naked eye, the grill on the bonnet is broken, there's a slight dent, barely noticeable on the curve/corner (edge) of the bonnet, the bumper is misplaced, - possibly broken, and the passenger side headlight fixture is broken - though the light is still working and in place, the connection to the bonnet is broken. From a distance the bonnet looks very slight out of line, so there may be more damage than it appeared at first......

Can anyone recommend a source for parts should or a mechanic to do the jobs - or both please!? Also, would anyone have any idea of what kind of prices i'd be talking to fix the damage, including labour? - i only just bought the car about 3 wks ago!

Thanks alot!

Don't know if you are aware but you should be claiming from the owners of the dog.

Tell me about it!!!!

Honestly, neither one was my fault!!! I swear!

This was the replacement car from the previous accident!! - not having much luck in the motoring department - thankfully it appears to be a declining scale of accident at least!

For parts, I doubt you will find what you are looking for in a breakers, but if you are willing to ring around, the Golden Pages (online) is your best bet, or you could try www.micksgarage.com or even e-bay. Failing that, bite the bullet and go to a Toyota dealer.

For repair work, www.carcraft.ie has been recommended before, but I have never used them myself.

I have used Martin Doolin in Edmonstown for servicing/repairs, as do the in-laws and have always been happy with the service.