Accident (not motor related) (was a passer by and not an employee) - what next

lexus

Hello all,

Quick question please, i had a pretty serious accident recently (not a motor related accident) company in question ( i was a passer by i am not an employee) have apologised and admitted they were wrong.

This happened about 4 weeks ago now. Should i proceed along the PIAB route or should i contact my solicitor. Also i am not yet back to work, injuries are still at me, should i wait until i am fully aware of extent of injuries before i do anything?

Advise would be very welcome

Re: Accident - what next

You should seek legal advice to prepare an application to submitted to PIAB. Remember to keep all receipts for expenses e.g. doctor visits, travel expenses, medication, loss of earnings.
For more serious accidents the PIAB process is not satisfactory because they will not assess the claim if they cannot be sure as to your eventual recovery therefore court proceedings are usually needed and the case has been held up.

Re: Accident - what next

If it were a Road Traffic Accident there would usually be a Garda investigation.

If the accident were work related, reports would also be available under health and safety legislation.

In case above don not apply, you should see your solicitor about possiblilty of preserving/recording scent of accident - photographs, engineeer's inspection etc. Need to move quickly on that as changes can occur.

Back