Accessibility Issue With New CU App

Zlatanintallagh

My dad's CU have set up a new banking app but there seems to be a lot of issues with it. It has to be downloaded on a smart phone (which he doesn't have and it can't be used on a tablet). It's also linked to the online banking log in (ie logging in through a browser). So if he wants to log in to his accounts on Firefox he has to approve the log in each time via an authentication request on the smartphone app. Is there any way that we could ask the Credit Union to change this as it's not feasible for him and I'm guessing other people of a similar vintage to bank online this way? I have been on to help desk who said they'll have to post him out an authentication code each time he logs on. It just seems silly to have taken away online banking altogether in favour of the app.

Sounds completely daft tbh...

I don't think that all credit unions are using the same software, app etc.

This kind of authentication process is pretty good design and mitigates risk of fraud.

I think two step authentication is a good idea but with email or text. It seems so pointless to have online banking that can only be accessed with in-app authentication. What's the point of offering online banking at all? It's cutting out a chunk of customers who are not tech savvy and tbh are probably now only getting to grips with banking in browser. I have a Permanent TSB account and swap between the app and online without the two having to interact with each other. It just seems poorly thought out to me and when I rang to get help with it initially the poor lad at the other end of the phone seemed fairly fed up so I'm assuming my dad's not the only one struggling.

Back