Acceptable mileage/time between car services

Fubar

Hi,

I bought a car last november which had 19k km on the clock. The garage advised that my next service was due at 50k km or Sept 06 whichever was soonest. In October I duly had my car serviced at 42k km in the same garage where I bought my car. They carried out the usual service and on return advised that my next service was due at 52k km effectively after another 10k km driving. This would appear to be on the low side and I would have expected next service to be at around 60k - 65k km. When I questioned this they said that this was correct.
Does anyone know if this would be the norm or have any thoughts on this?

That is the make and model of the car and what does it say in your hand/service book.

Towger

Check with the manufacturer.

Service intervals of 31k followed by 10k sounds wrong.

Yeah, check the owners manual. I get a full service every 15,000 miles with an oil & filter change in between @ 7,500 miles. Well worth sticking with the schedule, I have over 120,000 miles on my car from new and have never had a moments problem with it (touch wood).

Mine's a Toyota Corolla. Service is ue every 15,000 kilometres(9,000 miles). I stick to this and get the book stamped to show the service record, when it comes to selling time.
Rgds
Billo

Every 10000 miles is usually sufficient for change of oil, spark plugs etc, every 2nd service should be a full one i.e. every 20000 miles

Mine's a Toyota Corolla. Service is ue every 15,000 kilometres(9,000 miles). I stick to this and get the book stamped to show the service record, when it comes to selling time.
Rgds
Billo
great idea, but its very easy to forge a book. Keep the receipts to back up the stamp.

Back