abu dhabi with eithihad?

tinkerbell

Just booked us flights to abu dhabi for next Easter:D Any one got any info on etihad airlines (the website makes it sound a great flight!!) or on staying in Abu Dhabi and the UAE? Dubai sounds westernised but would love a few insights into Abu Dhabi and the surrounding area thanks and of course any recommendations for hotels, trips, etc.;)

My sis flew with Etihad to Thailand. She said they were ok, but as it was a long flight (10 hours or so) she would pay more next time for the comfort of the bigger better airlines.

Depends on the saving you are making, less spent on flights, more to shop/eat etc. Personally I would not care too much of the flight if I had more spending money!

Hi, I flew with Ethihad to Thailand via abu dhabi. I couldn't fault them. By far the best airline I've been on and I've travelled with alot of airlines.

Staff were excellent, check in was excellent, food was good and the airplanes are new with excellent entertainment system at the back of every chair. I flew from Gatwick but I presume their planes are all the same.

Have flown with Ethihad numerous times on short & long haul. Found them very efficient, food wasnt bad & service was excellent.
In Abu Dhabi I'd recommend the Beach Rotana hotel for its excellent location & facilities, it has its own private beach, is connected to one of the biggest malls in town & has the best steak restaurant I've ever eaten in. Its a top class hotel. Also has a branch of Trader Vics restaurant - amazing cocktails!
Abu Dhabi is a great spot - more charm than Dubai, less tourists & hype.

thanks for all that. Its harder to find out much about Abu Dhabi compared to Dubai so I really appreciate your help:) Any other hints or tips?

Back