Abbeyfeale Garda Station: Permanent Picket by two guys?

ajapale

Over the last few years I have noticed a permanent picket on the Abbeyfeale Garda Station.

The two rather dishevelled men have hand written posters which are difficult to read.

Does anyone know what this dispute is about or will I have to wait for the Tribunal?

aj

Hi Clubman,

I have often considered asking these the two "geezers" what their problem is. Unfortuately the Abbeyfeale Garda Station lies on the busy N21, there is little parking, a lot of traffic congestion at certain times of the day and I have no business in the town in any case..

If I ever find out what their gripe is and if I have any sympathy for their postion I might stop and advise them on how to write clear notice boards which are legiable and have impact. (I wont be in a position to advise them on spelling, however)

Im considering sending an email to Vincent Brown of Villiage Magazine - he seems to like these kind of stories.

Thanks,
aj

Well, last time I looked, the dictionary had legible and village, rather than legiable and villiage. I'm afraid that's all I picked up at a cursory glance.

SineWave said:
By any chance do their pickets read "DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING"?

And 'Careful Now'!

I live within 20 miles of there so I will ask around. Can't wait...

Something mentioned here but still no great detail. Just a fleeting mention of "two people who picket Abbeyfeale police station every two weeks to try to highlight what they are going through at the hands of the gardai". About one third of the way down or search for Abbeyfeale.