Abberley, Killiney

C

Catziebaby

We are thinking of moving to Abberley in Killiney. Can anyone tell me if this is a good move? We married couple both 29, no car. Are we walking distance from Supermarkets, pubs and cafes? We have already found Killiney Dart station but its a 20 min walk and as we both work in town, would the bus be a better option?

Thanks in advance

I looked at abberly a few years ago and didn't like the locality at all. You would need a car really. It's near the 'delights' of ballybrack village also - not so much cafés and bistros as chippers and bookies. I wouldn't fancy walking around where abberly is after dark.

Abberley is a nice esate but inconvenient for non-drivers. It's within easy walking distance of Ballybrack village, but as enoxy says there's not much there- no restaurants, cafes etc. The nearest supermarket is Tesco Ballybrack- probably a 25 minute walk. For nights out Dalkey is the closest place that offers a good choice of restaurants and pubs- it's about €10 in a taxi from Abberley.

I believe there is a pedestrian gate which gives a shortcut to the DART station for residents of Abberley- you might want to ask the estate agent about that.

Not sure about buses- the 45a goes by that way and the No7 bus stop is within walking distance but the 7 will take at least an hour to get into town during rush hour I'd say.

Hiya
I live in abberley and love living in this estate: am a similar age and live with my boyfriend. I walk to the dart in the mornings and home: its about a 15 min walk if you use the back gate that brings you on to killiney hill road. I also see a few people cycling.
Personally i think you would need a car as its not really walking distance to the tesco in ballybrack (the 45a - from dun laoghaire- goes past it but its not v regular).
It takes me an hour door to door to get to work on stephens green.
The Luas in cherry wood is due to open next year and that just across the n11 - youd need a bike to get over there though; theres a shortcut down commons road.
If you want more info let me know and i can give you a call or email
Sue

Looking to buy house in Abberley

Looking to buy a house in Abberley, Shanganagh Road, Killiney - - can anyone advise if this is a safe neighborhood?