Abandoned Cars in my estate

priory1

Hi

For the last week there have been 2 cars parked in my cul de sac. Taking up 2 much needed parking spaces.One is 15 yrs old and the other is 12 yrs old. Both look to be in reasonably good condition. Think they might have abandoned as they both dont have any tax or insurance discs. Not sure what to do next. Do i have to pay to get the cars taken away. Is there anyway i can find out who owns them.

Thanks

Are you in Dublin?
Dublin City Council remove abandoned vehicles (no reg on car) for free very quickly. If there is a reg on it, it will take a few weeks because they write out to the registered owner etc.

Meath Council do not have this service.

go out and take off the reg, call you local council and say kids in the estate are climbing in and jumping up and down on it and they'll get hurt. it'll be gone that day.

Thanks for the replys. I live in kildare. I cant believe someone would just abandon their car, especially 2 in the one day in a place they dont even live. I'm so angry as we have the responsibility of getting the cars moved.

Kildare County Council [broken link removed]

if the road is regarded as a public road the garda are entitled to impound them if the tax is out of date by more than 2 months or if the insurance is out of date at all.
call the garda and ask them to impound them.

if the road is regarded as a public road the garda are entitled to impound them if the tax is out of date by more than 2 months or if the insurance is out of date at all.
call the garda and ask them to impound them.

Gardai will only impound them when the driver is in them. They have enough bangers in their yards already!