A word of warning to those with Buggies/Aer Lingus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoon0

Hi,

Just to warn you all, on our arrival at Krakow airport last week, the kind (stupid) ground handling crew left everyone's prams/buggies in the peeeeeeing of rain on the tarmac - childrens means of transport - left in the lashings of rain - Aer Lingus PLEASE LISTEN.

On arrival back in Dublin to Terminal C the prams/buggies were not brought up by Aer Lingus handling. The reason cited for this by the Aer Lingus rep at the exit of the aircraft was "insurance reasons" I asked when this came into force and I was told it was always there, I asked then why was it brought up for me in Shannon a month ago to which I received a blank stare, sorry more like a - What do you want me to do about it, stare.

Just expect to carry the children when travelling with Aer Lingus, whether they are two, three or 4 months old, it's hit and miss as to whether you'll get it at the door of the aircraft - they took the pram down the steps on the way out !!!!!!!!!!

Anyone actually know the Aer Lingus policy ??? It seems to me they don't have one.

I flew back from Heathrow yesterday and Aer Lingus seemed to deal with passengers with children and their buggies quite reasonably and efficiently - e.g. letting them board first, taking care of loading, unloading and returning the buggies etc. Maybe you just had an unfortunate bad experience?

Clubman,

Perhaps you had a fortunate good experience ?? !!!!!!

I was with others who had their prams left in similar fashion to ours - on the wet runway, infact all the buggies/prams were left out in the rain and back in Dublin sent in to the carousel, this amounted to about 7/8 on the way out and a similar amount on the way back.

This post was really just to let people know what potentially to expect when flying with Aer Lingus with Children.

Does anyone know the Official Policy of Aer Lingus in relation to Prams/Buggies ??

Swoon0 said:
I was with others who had their prams left in similar fashion to ours - on the wet runway, infact all the buggies/prams were left out in the rain and back in Dublin sent in to the carousel, this amounted to about 7/8 on the way out and a similar amount on the way back.
Aer Lingus can hardly be blamed for the weather. I've often had bags delivered to the carousel which were wet due to rain falling on them during unloading and transit. I don't see why/how buggies etc. could or should be treated differently to be honest. Surely the owners can just dry them off before use? Have you made a complaint directly to Aer Lingus and/or Aer Rianta?

I too travelled in the pouring rain to and from Krakow and both ends of journey you had to go down the steps rather than off on the walkway thingy. If they had to walk down those narrow steep steps and then have soaked buggies waiting, it doesn't sound very nice at all. Surely some arrangement could be made to at least keep them dry?

Clubman,

Sorry but did I blame Aer Lingus for the weather anywhere in my post ?

Before launching into a defense you really should look at the facts. The aeroplane we flew on happened to have four wings and an undercarriage - could they not have left them underneath one of those ??

And also, I don't know about you but I certainly don't want to put ANY child into a wet pram - maybe you don't mind but to me any right thinking person wouldn't do this. There is obviously a HUGE difference between a wet suitcase and a wet pram - if you can't see this then.......

You obviously have connections with Aer Lingus.

Does anyone know the Official Policy of Aer Lingus in relation to Prams/Buggies ?? Clubman if you know I'd like to hear, otherwise I don't really want to hear from you. Especially as you would be happy to put your children into a wet pram/buggy and can't see the difference between a wet pram/buggy and an adults suitcase !!!!!!!! I mean.......

Swoon0, I think you need to take your case up with Aer Lingus & Aer Rianta directly. Ranting here isn't going to make much difference.

I'd be interested to hear what they come back with.

Tiger,

It's not a rant, it's a warning (see first line of my initial post), if it was a rant I would have posted it in Letting off steam. It's merely a warning to other users of the forum hence it being posted in the Holidays, TRAVEL, Hotels & AIRLINES section.

Now, If ANYONE can come back to me to advise the Official Aer Lingus policy in relation to prams/buggies then that would be fantastic, otherwise please don't reply.

Thanks

Swoon

Contributors are trying to discuss an issue you raised. You are annoyed at Aer Lingus. But please don't take your annoyance out on the the other posters.

Brendan

Swoon0 said:
Before launching into a defense you really should look at the facts. The aeroplane we flew on happened to have four wings and an undercarriage - could they not have left them underneath one of those ??
I would imagine that there are strict safety regulations regarding where items can be positioned around an aircraft and people (e.g. baggage handlers) can't arbitrarily put things under the aircraft just to keep them sheltered. I know that any time I've boarded an aircraft from the tarmac staff are very strict about where you can walk in the vicinity of the plane. As far as I know there are even lanes marked out where people can walk and baggage handlers can drive vehicles.

And also, I don't know about you but I certainly don't want to put ANY child into a wet pram - maybe you don't mind but to me any right thinking person wouldn't do this. There is obviously a HUGE difference between a wet suitcase and a wet pram - if you can't see this then.......
That's why I suggested that people might want to dry the buggy off before seating the child in it. I'd imagine that any right thinking person would consider this appropriate? Another option might be to wrap the buggy in a waterproof cover to shield it from the elements in transit.

You obviously have connections with Aer Lingus.
You are obviously wrong. I do not have any connections with Aer Lingus other than as a taxpayer.

Does anyone know the Official Policy of Aer Lingus in relation to Prams/Buggies ?? Clubman if you know I'd like to hear, otherwise I don't really want to hear from you. Especially as you would be happy to put your children into a wet pram/buggy and can't see the difference between a wet pram/buggy and an adults suitcase !!!!!!!! I mean.......
Have you contacted Aer Lingus/Aer Rianta to ask them?

Brendan,

My initial post was not for discussion, it was a warning to people travelling with Aer Lingus with Prams/Buggies.

There was one question asked in my post, if people knew the answer then that's fine if they didn't then they shouldn't reply to the post.

I only get annoyed with people who post irrelevant comments.

Perhaps you can close this now.

Swoon0 as an old teacher of mine used to say- Manners maked the man/woman.
Your reply to clubman was rude and uncalled for.
Tread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back