A Reynolds & the mysterious file

Caveat

Did I miss something?

Remember a few weeks back Albert Reynolds seemed to imply in a radio interview that Bertie 'held on to' a file that might have prevented the collapse of the then coalition. He then claimed not to remember saying it only a few hours later.

What happened about this?

It was live on tv years back, myself and my Dad were watching it. I think it was over the passports scandal or some such. Bertie was clearly handed a file, flicked through it and put it down beside him. Albert was on his feet answering questions and without the info was sunk. It's a little nugget of Irish political history long glossed over.

Thanks

But I mean what happened about Albert talking about this just the other week not what happened historically

He made the claim about Bertie on live radio about 3 weeks ago, then said he didn't remember saying it later that evening. It was all over the 6 news but then - nothing ??

I think it was RTE who tried to make a mountain out a molehill and nobody else ran with the story. It was probably a slow day for news that day!

Back