A Rated Double Glazed Windows

dodo

I got quote for new windows from a guy recommended to me. I said should I get double glazed or triple and he said double glazed A rated windows are enough in Ireland. But if I wanted triple Glazed he said it be 30% more expensive and value wise the Double A rated will do good job
Like to hear your opinions

TBH, "A rated" windows is meaningless.
Get the window specifications (u-value, g-value of actual window as a whole not just the glazing) of each window type and report back.
"double glazed A rated windows are enough in Ireland" would be enough for me to keep looking.
For reference, a window with u-value of 0.8 w/m2k & g-value of .5 would be an excellent window. This will be a triple glazed unit.

And, no matter how good the window spec is, if it is not installed properly with good air tightness materials used (not just expanding foam) then you have just wasted your money.

g-value of .7 and U-Value 1.3 is the double glazed windows I got quote for, (A U-value of 1.3 is considered good for double glazed windows as it indicates a higher level of insulation and energy efficiency. ) suits budget also. Their workmanship was recommended to me from person who' opinion I value.