A good news story

PaddyW

Just thought I'd share this story, as I'm delighted for my mate and good news seems scarce these days. Anyways, my mate, back to the wall, savings almost gone. Picked the wrong time to start his own business basically. Out of the blue today, phone rings and it's a guy that he has dealt with in the past. Gave him a contract that will see him good for the next few years. I'm over the moon for him, he's my best mate ever and was horrible to see him in such a bad way. Maybe there's hope out there yet.

Great to hear Paddyw - now I just need a bit of luck or a break but here's hoping.

Thanks for sharing PaddyW, best of luck to your buddy, I hope it's the start of a good time for him.

Nice news for a change.. I'm still waiting on a life changing phone call like that!

Good to hear a story like that. Your friend will be a better person for it.

Purple, purple, purple. Stop pretending that you don't call me everynight before bedtime.. everyone knows that I left SLF for you..

Great to hear a story like that, I wish him every success.

Paddy, my ould friend, I won't trivialise the moment by suggesting that the new opportunity came from Cork!

Fair play to you for posting this! It says a lot about you that you would take time out to post about a good buddy's good fortune. A few years ago, a good friend of mine seriously landed on her feet, out of the blue, as it were, and I was so happy for her. She's really enjoying life now and I wish the very same to your good friend.

Purple, purple, purple. Stop pretending that you don't call me everynight before bedtime.. everyone knows that I left SLF for you..

What this is the first I've heard of this...

I know women have difficulty with being dumped so I'd ask you to look at this post and you will see that it was me who threw you out.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=823417&postcount=59

Besides Sandrat is a good woman (most important she doesn't answer back and knows her place in the house).

I musta missed that conversation SLF. How did you get out ?! The cuffs mustnt have been tight enough.

Mate of mine has been experiencing the downturn pretty acutely in recent months - single dad, mortgage, cuting his rates/profits drastically, getting close to changing his career/trade completely - but has just been given word of a fairly lucrative job that will last him about 8-12 months. The beauty of it being that in the meantime, if people are willing to wait, he can 'stockpile' any other jobs that come his way.