a cancelled cheque

W

wigglet

is it possible to see if someone has cancelled a cheque without actually trying to cash it?
Can you just ask the bank whether it has been cancelled without this coming to the attention of the person who has issued the cheque?

Shouldn't think so.
That would require the bank to disclose, or allude to, information relating to the payer's account to a third party, which can not be done without the account holder's consent.

I see what you mean.
But the cheque is presumably a also legal contract between the payee and itself (this would probably be a hypothetical area now)

I see what you mean.
But the cheque is presumably a also legal contract between the payee and itself (this would probably be a hypothetical area now)

Banks have a legal duty onf confidentialty to their customers and that normally takes precedence.

Secondly, even if they told you that the cheque was not stopped/cancelled and you then lodged it, the drawer could still have time to place a stop after you lodged it due to the length of time it takes for a cheque to clear

well could the bank
(a) tell me that the cheque had been stopped but
(b)couldn't let me know if it was still active (I know that is torturous and I am no longer quite sure what I want to know myself at this stage!)

well could the bank
(a) tell me that the cheque had been stopped but
(b)couldn't let me know if it was still active (I know that is torturous and I am no longer quite sure what I want to know myself at this stage!)

probably not. I'm assuming you can't contact the drawer. Only option would be to lodge and see what happens

about china pinch valve

Pinch valve is a full bore or fully ported type of control valve which presents no obstruction to flow passage. There are a few types of pinch valves based upon application.pinch valve is the most practical solution for all kinds of flow control applications including abrasive, corrosive and fibrous products, granules, powders and slurries. Pinch valves http://www.corrosion-resistant-valves.com/Pinch-valve.html are made up of only a few parts, with the flexible sleeve being the most important item.

Back