93 Ford Focus

Dinging

Hi All,

Bought a 93 Ford Focus LX in November 2005. Car was bought from a main dealer and had 12 month warrantly. When I bought the car I noticed that between 60 and 70 miles per hour the steering vibrated. I had the car balanced but this did not solve the problem, I returned it to the dealer who took it in for a day to fix it. When I got the car back it had improved but the problem was still there. Over the months this got worse so just before my warrantly was to end I returned the car and they took it in for a day and again the problem was almost fixed but you can still feel the vibration between these speeds. I am now in a posistion where my warrantly is expired. Am I in a position to go back to the garage and have them repair this under warranty? If they refuse what could be my next step?

Dinging.

its proably not a big deal. either the tracking is out ,your tyres need balancing or one of your wheels is a bit buckled. try swapping the front and rear wheels and get them balanced in a tyre place. if it is a balancing issue, the garage probably would not have had the right equipment to fix it in the first place.
it shouldnt cost much more than 20-30 euro

Sorry for the typo, it is a 2003 car. Seems the garage and a independent tyre company have given me the same reason, my tyre on the passanger side has more wear on it than the drivers side and according to both will cause a certain amount of vibration at speed. Loks like I need 2 new tyrs at the font to start with. Thanks all.