90 litre wine limit France to Ireland

Hi Guys

Can't find the answer to this so thought this thread was the best option. What are the duty free rules for someone buying wine in France and then travelling to Ireland via the UK via ferries and land. Can they use the EU allowance on arrival in Ireland?
Thanks

I would say it's deemed declarable import to UK Customs on arrival from France. As far as I am aware, there is no bonded in transit to other EU country via UK regeme.it would be impossible to check or control that no duty free alcohol goods were offloaded in GB before export to Ireland.
In Ireland, the customs then treat as import from UK so apply basic limit, not intra EU limit, of 60l of wine (deemed personal allowance)
Ex France with a boot load of wine is best direct sailing to Ireland.

Hi Guys

Can't find the answer to this so thought this thread was the best option. What are the duty free rules for someone buying wine in France and then travelling to Ireland via the UK via ferries and land. Can they use the EU allowance on arrival in Ireland?
Thanks
As above, it's best to go directly from the mainland to Ireland rather than going through Britain.

Thanks for replies guys. I know its best to go directly from France to Ireland but seas are rough at the moment so thinking of changing route!!

Back