80s series 'Minder' never repeated

Caveat

Used to love this show.

It's never repeated on 'normal' TV and seems to exist only on UK Gold or whatever that this. Yet plenty of other crap is often repeated.

What's the story - would UK Gold now effectively 'own' the series or what?

Actually it was his sidekick and the host of one dimensional characters that really got on my nerves. And that bloody theme tune naturally.

Actually it was his sidekick and the host of one dimensional characters that really got on my nerves. And that bloody theme tune naturally.

Suppose like most comedy/dramas it doesn't bear up well to close analysis - a bit like a better and funnier version of Eastenders in a way.

Extremely popular in it's day though - just surprised that it's never repeated. UK Gold must have bought it or something.

Awltagevvah - nah!

"I could be so go-od for you..."

some of arfurs sayings were priceless though

'the world is my lobster' is one that springs to mind

'er indoors is commonplace now

think bertie must have watched this series too . certainly appears to have 'borrowed' some of arfurs habits

Used to love this show.

It's never repeated on 'normal' TV and seems to exist only on UK Gold or whatever that this. Yet plenty of other crap is often repeated.

What's the story - would UK Gold now effectively 'own' the series or what?
Last time I saw it was in early summer 2002 on tv3. I only watched it then for nostalgic reasons. And it relaxed me before my exams in the afternoon.

I think the original " The world is your lobster" quote came from Hilda Ogden on Coronation Street, approximately 96 years ago, if my memory serves me.

I think the original " The world is your lobster" quote came from Hilda Ogden on Coronation Street, approximately 96 years ago, if my memory serves me.

Always associated that with Arfur myself - though it's not unlike something Hilda might have said either I suppose.