8% EBS rate

Orga

I was in my local EBS yesterday and was told that on Monday only anyone with a minimum of 20k will get 8% guaranteed if they open an a/c - anyone heard more/the same - those the only details I have.

Re: 8& EBS rate

Banks have always determined their higher interest rates paid on the amount of the deposit and also very often on the term the money will be left on loan. There are usually large signs in the front window of branches detailing the offers.

I was in my local EBS yesterday and was told that on Monday only anyone with a minimum of 20% will get 8% guaranteed if they open an a/c - anyone heard more/the same - those the only details I have.
Good luck opening an account with EBS - they will probably want to subject you to an interrogation first or maybe they still haven't figured out what their own rules and procedures are supposed to be yet. :rolleyes:

Good luck opening an account with EBS - they will probably want to subject you to an interrogation first or maybe they still haven't figured out what their own rules and procedures are supposed to be yet. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was subject to the 40 minute (!!) interrogation. It i like something from 2 decades ago and is completely pointless. How can EBS management justify this?

Very interesting (if true) that they will be offering 8% fixed this Monday on 20K. A clear market leading offer if it happens. The way EBS are run I cannot see how they could manage with this offer and open accounts quickly.

A rate of 8% over what term?

It's very unlikely to be 8% AER as interest rates have just been cut this week.

I was offered a rate similar to this a while ago, but it is over 18 months, minimum 20K, but you were allowed to make one withdrawal before term as long as the withdrawal didnt exceed something like 50% of your deposit

BOI regular saver

I got a note today from BOI to say that the regular saver rate has gone down to 2%! Same as the Credit Union.

An Post Certs are still 21% for 5.5 years, but my guess is that they are going to drop these and soon - because the last time I bought some, two weeks ago, they had no forms available, and someone had to go and look for them - hmmm ...

Hi Cbrezze,

Probably best to do a new thread if it is about a different topic.

I got a note today from BOI to say that the regular saver rate has gone down to 2%! Same as the Credit Union.

I hope you are closing your BOI account and walking. If it is a regular saver account you are after then Anglo will offer you 8%.

An Post Certs are still 21% for 5.5 years, but my guess is that they are going to drop these and soon

There are better ways to get returns than the An Post rates.

Have you checked out the Best Buys posts or itsyourmoney.ie ?

I have an optimise account with EBS and only getting 2.5%.I am going to move it but to where?I am wondering if they demutualise will I benefit if I leave it there?

I have an optimise account with EBS and only getting 2.5%.I am going to move it but to where?
See the Financial Best Buys forum and www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of the best deposit accounts/rates on offer and the many existing threads on maximising deposit returns.
I am wondering if they demutualise will I benefit if I leave it there?
Is it a share account - i.e. are you a member - i.e. do you get notifications of general meetings etc.?

I get notice of agms so I suppose it is a share account.Does anyone think they will demutualise?

Back to the subject - what 8% rate ???? or is this just a general EBS thread now- in which lets start one in Credit Crunch !

EBS had an 8% rate for an 18 month fixed in December for 1 day. I opened one as i happened to get a call from my local branch, the lady told me they were planning a series of these next year-1 day special offers with a high rate.

Good for their "members" me thinks more so then them paying such high rates!

Back