8-9 Seater MPV

L

LuketheMuke

Just looking to find out if anyone has any recommendations on the best 8-9 seater on the market from the point of view of
1. Value for Money,
2. Comfort and driveability
3. space for luggage etc.
I reckon that the best way to go is probably new, but would be open to suggestions.
We have 5 small kids, and our 7 seater is under severe pressure to carry all of them and their stuff. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Hyundai Montana looks interesting. It's a big 8 seater with a cavernous boot. I was looking at the Renault Traffic 9 seater too. Big 8/9 seaters seem to be pricey at around 40k new but that drops to about 20k for 3 year old ones.

Thanks for that MOB, you can't legislate for multiple births though! Cheers Michael, I have not considered the Montana, I've looked at the Fiat Scudo (around 37k) and the Citroen which is exactly the same but priced at 44k - go figure! and the VW transporter which is around the same. Yet to consider the Tourneo, I reckon that its probably too big, as herself will probably be driving most of the time. Some guy in the fiat place (looked like he was just out of school) said that he thought that fiat were doing some sort of VAT Back scheme, which might make it the most affordable.

As for your 7-seater experience, any advice for family with 3 kids under 4 (and no vasectomy!) moving back to Ireland and in need of a car?

Go for van size converted.

vito
transit
hiace
etc

Should get 9 seats with room for luggage.

Just get into taxis and ask them about driveability.

check out ssang yong rodius,loads of room,seats 7 easily with ample boot space

Unfortuantley as soon as you turn up in the sayyong your children will be sick.

Ugly doesn't even come close, highest tax band too I beleive.

Would rather have a van IMHO.