75 mm of self levelling screed.

hayabusa

Hi,

Has anyone used the new screed (not sand and cement) but the new screed that is pumped through a 2 " pipe and levels itself. this is not to be confused with the self levelling stuff you get for levelling a floor prior to tiling.

Anyone used as I have a few questions on it.

Thanks

if its the 'easy screed' type you are referring to its generally poured between 35-50mm... not 75mm as indicated, with UFH.

Hi AMj,

a few questions for you so. I was talking to someone who installs this screed and he said that I would have to puit polythene between the insulation and the screed. However i have the following issue with this.
Can you please let me know what setup you have.
Mine is as follows.

Hardcore went in then it was blinded with sand, then a radon barrier put in then a subfloor poured on top of this. House now build, So now I have to pit in water pipes where required then 60mm insulation on top, then UFH pipes on the insulation. If I put in a DPM between the insulation and the screed, It may cause consensation on the DMP keeping the insulation damp.
I have been told that the screed reacts with the foil on the insulation hence the DPM.

Can anyone advise how they have done it. bearing in mind that I am not talking about a sand and cement screed but something else.

Thanks.

Thanks Sydthebeat for that. So the 150 mm I have allowed for insulation and a 75 mm screed will be incorrect if I use easy screed. This is because I have put in patio and frence doors at 150mm off the sub floor. I do have the option of making up the differance by increasing the insulation thickness from 50mm to 70mm.
However my main concern is the request to put in a DPM between the insulation and easy screed, especially when there is already a radon barrier below.
The reason for the DPM is (i have been told) is 1. prevent the reaction between the screed and the foil on the insulation. and 2. to prevent bits of insulation from floating to the top of the easy screed.

Any ideas.??
Any ideas. s

Its standard practice in england and germany to incorporate a seperating layer between insulation and screed. This can be a breather paper type material or a 1000 gauge DPM. This DPM layer will do no harm.