7 seater required

we are currently looking at changing our 5 seater to a 7 seater. We are concerned though that with seven seats there will be no space in the boot! It can be a conundrum, seven seats for family of six, yet no space for all that goes with it! Has anyone driven a chevrolet captiva 7 seater how and if so hpw does it compare to a sharan - galaxy - alhambra spacewise in the boot and wrt safety of rear seats.

It looks a lot to me, too. It's described as a 'compact SUV' and is probably more comparable to the likes of the [broken link removed].

we have a Verso 2.0 diesel about a year and its as reliable as they say

boot could be bigger which is where the S-Max can beat it

It wasn't cheap but it has a great spec (Sol), but it should hold its value very well.
The tank is not as big as I expected (only 53litres).

Other than that I can't fault it

there is nothing out there to touch a chyrsler grand voyager
we have had 2 over the past 5 years and NEVER had to spend a bob on them even after 100,000 miles
ours is a 2.8 diesel auto and it averages out at 30 mpg overall

we visited CarGiant today (in the UK) to decide which MPV we will purchase and have now decided the best one was the Toyota Previa 2.0 diesel. fantastic space all round, a bit pricey but seems like a sound well built MPV.
looked at grand espace, chrysler, galaxy, sharan, 806, seat, kia etc and the Previa offered the most in my view.
on the downside there doesn't seem to be many for sale in the UK but i am sure we will find one in the next few months.

there is nothing out there to touch a chyrsler grand voyager
we have had 2 over the past 5 years and NEVER had to spend a bob on them even after 100,000 miles
ours is a 2.8 diesel auto and it averages out at 30 mpg overall

I reckon you got a good'un because the trade views these yokes as unreliable in the extreme.

Also check out the Euro NCAP ratings, and videos of crash tests on You Tube. Scary stuff.

there were more chryslers for sale than any other MPV at CarGiant yesterday. The sales guys exact words were "i wouldn't recommend a Chrysler to anyone with children!".
Usually I would expect these sales guys to sell you anything so I was surprised at him slating the Chrysler especially with a stack of them for sale.