6k - looking for suggestions on possible investment opportunities?

Chuckles

By comparison to some of the figures mentioned for investments or whatever that I see bantered about here, this may be small to most but, it's a nice bit for me...I have €6k at the moment that I would duely love to invest for a reasonable return on but, am not sure where or what to do with it to get the best out of it...

I haven't a substantial mortgage... owe just under 40k on it... do I pay the 6k off this?

I have a Rabo Savers account that I put €100 a month into...do I do something here... current balance about 6k also?

I don't have a share account and do have an interest in shares in general(but, not much knowledge)... Do I bite the bullet and open an account and buy a few shares?... I fancy Elan to bounce back...!

I have policies with Standard Life and therefore, a few shares that way... Can/Should I buy more shares with this money in Standard Life?

I also owe 6.5k on my CC account...I know what your thinking... pay this off!...but, I have this balance interest free until October.... I have been paying the minimum payment every month to keep this satisfied and was thinking about doing a little more CC surfing to keep this going... Is this crazy? If not...Current CC is with Halifax... where would it be best to go to next?

Have a pension... only €100 a month going into this and I know I should increase it... planning to do so down the line.... Do I throw it in here?

I can't think of anything else financially that could be waiting for the benefit of this 6k... There's no car loan... No Credit union loan... In the black on our current account (just about but, I think thats the right position to have it in)...

Open to suggestions... and thanks in advance!

Anglo Irish bank have a Premium demand account that is offering interest rate of 5.3% on balances up to 20k . Once you go over 20k the interest rate reverts to 4.5% i think

You have instant access to the money with this account

Just look at the Financial Best Buys forum and www.itsyourmoney.ie lists of the best deposit accounts on offer and the many, many existing threads on how to mix and match these to maximise deposit interest returns. Put the money in such accounts for now but then use it to clear the CC bill immediately the 0% period expires.