6 Year Samsung TV Flickering non stop

Does it happen when you stream Netflix or Youtube?

I don't think TVs are fixed anymore. They are just recycled.

There are no TV repair shops anymore- that trade died a long time ago. We are living in a throw away society. A huge amount of " recycled" TV sets end up in Ghana where they are cannibalized for raw material under horrific conditions.

Did you check all cables? There may might be a loose connection.

Samsung offer a repair service, might be worth working through the flow here to determine what the cost of getting an idea of what they might propose (they might charge to take a look.)

+1 on checking cables. If a HDMI cable is loose or gone, it can cause flicker even when not using that input.

Modern TVs just seem to give up the ghost after about six years in my experience. I'm sure they could last a year or three longer if they aren't used that much - mine are used heavily and its always around 6 or 7 years the screen goes. Nobody gets TVs fixed any more unless they are only a couple of years old, even then, have no idea where you would go

Having checked cables I'd want to try a different cable and other sources. Beyond that it's likely WEEE bound.

yes there is.
I got my TV repaired last year here with a 1 year guarantee.
price was worth is vs a new tv.
proper old skool repair place!

dublin based so may not be suitable for OP

I am in Dublin, actually the last 4 days it is perfect, I did check all cables and used spare HDMI cable I had and was still flickering, but touch wood it stays working, tks

Lawless brothers in Dublin are good.
Check to see if the socket or the plug is ok.
If you had a power cut that could affect the tv and other appliances. A few years ago we had a power cut and it nearly knocked out the power in the town. There were a number of complaints from people that boilers, fridge freezers, dishwashers, tv had broken within the few hours. It was unbelievable. There were a large number of pcb parts that had to be replaced.

Last edited:
There are no TV repair shops anymore- that trade died a long time ago.
There most definitely are!

@dodo there are numerous reasons for a flickering TV as others have stated. It would help if you could share a quick video or pic of the issue that would help.

My parents 55inch Samsung TV had a backlight problem where the picture was dim. They brought it to a place in Meath and it could have been fixed but as usual in our consumer society it was cheaper to to buy a new TV. (Which reminds me to see if they still have that TV as I could replace the part myself)

However a lot of the cost is the labour cost. Everything is fixable once the LED panel itself is OK.