6 weeks accomodation in Cork

helan72

Hi,

Anyone have any clue were a student physio would get 6 weeks accomodation for placement - this has to be funded from her own pocket so B&B is pretty much out.

She has tried loads of places and is being told that 6 weeks is too short.

There will be two of them so any suggestions would be very welcolm.

thanks in advance.

6 weeks is short. They should ask for help from their placement - there may well be a noticeboard where such things are advertised. Failing that, paper notices can work well. They need to come down to Cork and put notices everywhere - the college, uni, placement, shops, etc. Something may come up. There are lots of housechares around. If thee is a college involved, try the accomodation office. What time of the year is it for?

if you put it to a B+B that it was for 6 weeks i'm sure you could get a deal off them - always worth a try.

You will definetely be able to organise a deal, find a small 'little old woman runs it' B&B. (God that sounds terrible, doesn't it!) I just mean that she won't be as busy as the bigger ones especially at this time of year. My boyfriend has stayed in various parts of the country for weeks on end (usually just Mon - Fri) and they've always got deals with the B&B's.

thanks for the suggestions so far.

unfortunately they cant get to Cork as they finish one placement on the friday and start again in Cork on the Monday - they have tried some of the college accomodation in Cork and have been told accomodation is only for students of UCC - they start in two weeks time.

will tell them to have a look at daft.

would anyone have the name of a nice B & B in cork city.

thanks again.

not sure where their placement is in cork but there are plenty of B&b's on western road, this is opposite UCC and on the bus route to wilton for the hospital.

Kinlay house are about 22 euros each for a twin room with tea/coffe and toast in the morning.
It would be shared bathroom tho but cleaned every day.
Car parking is tight and not very secure tho