5 nights in England (Accommodation Needed)

tosullivan

Myself & family are travelling over from Ireland in October for 5 nights and hope to stay within 30min drive of Liverpool city centre as I'll be going to a match on the weekend.

2 adults/2 kids, so I can imagine that a hotel would be expensive for 5 nights, so looking for alternatives.

Maybe a guest house with a family room or self catering short term if thats possible.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

i always stayed in the travelodge in west derby few mins out of city and it was 49 pounds ,

im doing the same but i think you would need a central hotel with kids, if you are staying on the outskirts think of all the money you will spend on taxis or public transport, if you can stretch to hotel you might end up saving money, hotels are nealy as cheap as b&bs now anyway and you can come and go as you please, i checked out apartments and they are very expensive, if your budget doesnt stretch why dont you just go for 3 nights

You could try Premier Travel Inns, they have family rooms for about £53
and the kids' breakfasts are free.

I'll be going on the ferry with the car so driving is not a problem

has anyone been to Ribby Hall ?

I presume you are travelling to Liverpool and not to Holyhead. We stayed in a fantastic hotel in Ellesmere Port (Holiday Inn) just outside Chester- which looks like it would be a short ferry ride from Liverpool. Very quite location on a canal, just off the M53. One junction away from Cheshire Oaks Outlet village (very good!), the blue pool aquarium, and close to Chester Zoo. So lots for the wife and kids to do. We did it as a two night stop over in May on our way to the Lake District , then a one night stop on our way back from London last week. I'm seriously thinking of doing a week Chester/Liverpool jaunt as so much to do - great spot. The hotel was £84 for 2 adults , 2 kids including breakfast - room with 2 double beds. May be a bit far away for you but could be an option if coming from Holyhead.

Lizzy, I'm travelling into Holyhead. I had looked at the Holiday Inn in Ellesmere Port and considered it highly, but heard there wasn't much within walking distance, so we've booked the Stone Villa Guest House in Chester center for £90/night inc breakfast. It has a lot of recommendations on tripadvisor aswell which is good to know