44% in national childcare scheme

Does nothing for those who cannot find a creche place and forced to use a childminer.

Most childminers are €100s more expensive now per week as parents don't get the recent drops as 99% of childminders are not registered.

Should make a credit available to those using a childminder, similar to the Rent Tax Credit.

Revenue allow you to claim the Rent credit even if you do not know your landlord's details. Why punish those with childminders, simply because their minder is not registered?

Nothing new here from what I can see. They're saying costs will fall by 1100 in 2025 vs 2024 as a result of the already introduced higher NCS rate of €2.14 per hour.
I assumed that as this increase to 2.14 per hour was part of budget 2023 (but only implemented in sept 24) and that todays announcement meant a further increase (prob sep 25?)

I assumed that as this increase to 2.14 per hour was part of budget 2023 (but only implemented in sept 24) and that todays announcement meant a further increase (prob sep 25?)
Methinks that today's announcement was funding to cover the recent grant increase to 2.14.

Methinks that today's announcement was funding to cover the recent grant increase to 2.14.
I’m not sure that’s correct. Although I am wrong a lot.

See attached. The increase to 2.14was announced as part of budget 2024. It was applied in sep 24. They can’t announce the exact same measure as an increase this budget unless it increases again?

An NCS increase also appeared in budget 2023 in Oct 22 from 0.50 to 1.40. This was applied in Jan 03

They did not announce the same measure this year. In Budget 2024 it was announced that there would be an increase in the NCS grant to 2.14 from September 2024. The extra money allocated today will pay for that increase throughout 2025.

Press release:
....with total funding in 2025 of over €1.37 billion, an increase of 24% or almost €266m. This supports the full year costs of the significant National Childcare Scheme subsidy increases for parents introduced this September 2024.

I read somewhere that childminders with a few kids will be registered in the future and will therefore be able to get the various funding