40-42 Inch LCD?

rustbucket

Hi

Can anyone recommend a 40-42 inch LCD TV and where to get it. Looking to pay under €1K for one.

Best quality & price I can find so far is LG 42 inch on Komplett for around €800.

Has anyone got any of these TV's from Tesco or Aldi etc? Are they any good?

Dont need it to be HD ready just looking for good value

look in Dunnes they have great value saw one 42" for €699 a few days ago don't remember the name but it looked fine.I think a lot of LCD are made in the same factory just the name is changed

I think you'd be wise to demo with a good source signal. The quality varies enormousely with LCD's a lot of them are woeful compared to a decent CRT.

I think you'd be wise to demo with a good source signal. The quality varies enormousely with LCD's a lot of them are woeful compared to a decent CRT.

When you say 'source signal' do you mean play a DVD or hook up a TV signal?

look in Dunnes they have great value saw one 42" for €699 a few days ago don't remember the name but it looked fine.I think a lot of LCD are made in the same factory just the name is changed

Its a Samsung - that model is about 18 mths old though I believe. Still good value though.

ninsaga

When you say 'source signal' do you mean play a DVD or hook up a TV signal?

You have no way of guaranteeing a good TV signal in a shop. So a DVD or similar where you know how good it is. Pick a specific scene thats fast moving, and you can see some detail. Dark scenes can be a weakness. Whereas even a bad LCD can show a bright cartoon well.