4 year old car with 2owners. should i avoid

foxylady

I have possibly found a good bargain but am slightly concerned that it has had two owners and is only 4 years old. The mileage is quite low too should i steer clear or would this be normal

There could be any number of reasons why it had 2 owners and not just because there is something wrong with it. Why not get it checked out by a mechanic first? I know the AA also do vehicle checks, tho I imagine they are a bit more pricey.

it might be a good bargain, but i wouldnt buy it without checking the history first.

my friends bought a brand new car 2 years ago and then their problems started. it was 9 times in warranty fix (not sure how to call it in english but im sure u got my point in a year! also they found a bit rust on the car so there was something wrong with it since they bought it. they could sell it to a dealer and were really happy they got rid off it.

Just perform all the normal mechanical/financial/legal checks that you would with any car...

Two owners is not a pointer to anything.

A car that's had four owners in four years could be in better condition than one thats been 'thrashed' by a single owner.

my dad bought a 2009 car in Dec 2009 and he was the second owner.
the garage was the first (Demo Car).

just do your homework on the car as it could and probably is genuine.