34 inch internal doors

eggerb

I've decided to replace all my internal doors. All my downstairs doors are 34" wide and I am having a lot of trouble finding a good selection to choose from. The majority of places I contact tell me straight away that they don't do 34" doors. Has anybody had this problem and found somewhere in Dublin with a good selection of 34" doors? Thanks.

dublin doors(doorsireland.ie), do door sizes from 24"up to 36" in most of their doors and prices are not bad too.the chippie

Cheers the chippie. Contacted them today. (Nice crowd to deal with.) I'm looking for something in white oak (or maybe red oak - haven't seen red oak). They told me that they only have the 6 panel standard in 34" - was more after something like the 4 panel brandon. Might try them again tomorrow and ask about ordering in some 34"s.

i got a customer some nice white oak prefinished doors in woodworkers(.ie) a few weeks ago and turned out very nice on white doorframes with crome hinges and handles,i think they sell them for 150-250 euro which is not bad,doors i got were 30" so check what sizes they have, they could maybe order them in for you as they are very good to deal with. the chippie

the chippie said:
turned out very nice on white door frames with chrome hinges and handles
Exactly what I was thinking about too the chippie - leaving the white door frames and putting in the oak doors - 'cause if I only replace the architrave (with oak), I'll be left with a white frame which might look a bit strange. Thanks again.

Back