3200 sq ft house

fbmpw

I am about to build a 3200 sqft house after xmas. I started the whole process thinking 2500 was as far as i would go. I am now getting a bit scared I think this house may look to big. I am married planning kids. Anyone living in a 3200 sqft house ?

It all depends on the design and the land it's on. If it's on a large site/ acre + it will look fine.
My sister lives in a 3500 square foot house and it's not too big. The rooms are just a nice size.

Its a two storey on an acre about 38 metres in from the road. The ridge height is 9 metres, but site 1 metre below road level. Maybe im just listening to scaremongery at home!

We started a 3,200ft build after last christmas. It looks TINY!! It's just been plastered and we hope to move in March. I thought 3,200 was WAY too big for us (two parents, 1 child) but, while there is enough room it is by no means huge (it is one and a half storey) and if I could go back I would make the kitchen and playroom bigger! Good luck

we plan to build a 3200 sq foot house aswell in the new year and by the time we got what we wanted as regards room sizes, its not too big, there is enough room..best of luck

Agreed - we have a 3100 dormer, and you be surprised when your inside its not that big. Just use your space wisely - 7.2 metres was the height of the whole house resting on a 3/4 acre.

When everyone is mentioning 3,200 sqft dormers etc. is that a ground floor of 1,600 sqft and then double it or do ye take into account the lost space in the 1st floor (due to the roof angles). Talking to 2 friends who are building dormers they seemed to just double their ground floor when talking about their square footage...

Some people do that, mine is about 1900 sq feet ground floor plus 1100 for the 1st floor. You only double it if it is a straight out double storey house. Really some people.

Thanks

i live in a 3200 sq ft house on 1/2 acre,we love it,but its a lot of house to clean,maintain and heat,we have three teenagers,i've just had solar panels fitted for hot water and under floor heating,its a great help to the oil,at this time of year it only heats water to about 30-40 degrees,but you only need a boost to have hot water very quickly,and great for under floor,as your building i would consider something on those lines,best of luck,yob