320 d diesel bmw

!RAY

Does anybody know if there is was much of a change between the old style and the new style 320d bmw .BMW changed the style in 05.i have a chance of buying a old style it is about 5,000 cheeper then the new model . i know thw bhp is 150 in the old style and 163 in the new.
Thanks
!RAY

Can you provide more info on the spec of each.
The newer model is seemingly slightly bigger. I went from an 02 318 to a 02 530i. I am currently changing an i looked at the 320D 06 or 04 530D. The 3 series looked pretty good but I found a nice 530 and couldn't give up extra space and 6 cylinder engine.

Older model may loose more in the next few years but I don't know if it will loose more than 5k difference

The new model is more or less a new car sharing little in common with the old one. Interior, exterior and engines have all be updated. That said there was not a whole lot wrong with the old one, it's still an excellent car which in many peoples opinion looks far nicer than the new one.

Thanks for the reply's. The spec is the same just the difference of 5k .My plan would be to keep car for a year or two and then trade up .I was just courious if there was a big difference with the cars .Was there any problems with the old model.Forking out this much cash you want to get the best for your cash.
Thanks
!RAY

You will find it harder to shift the e46 in a couple of years because people will want the newer model. i had the same problem with my 5 series. I got an 02 E39 cheap but found it very hard to shift it again

The main reason that there is such a price difference is that the model has been upgraded. However the new model that will loose more of its value in the shorter term.

Back