318i to 320i {Chipping}

the current BMW 318i is a 2 litre 129 BHP unit, identical in cc to the 320i which has 150 BHP. How easy/feasible is it to by the 318i and modify it to the power of the 320i?

Is the 320 a 6-cylinder? If so I'd suggest it's not such a great idea. Can I ask why you'd want to chip a 318 to a 320 as opposed to buying a 320? Is it that you have it already?

Just asked out of curiosity -I dont have a 318i.
The price between a 318i and a 320i is over 2,300 Euro hence the question. BTW the 320i is a 4 cylinder.

I can't say I know what the difference is besides the extra horsepower but I think youd be a brave man to buy a brand new 318i and chip it

Look for a M5 engine and gearbox and through that in 507bhp Mmmmmmm.

As advised if you are out of waranty go for it.

Better still buy a 316 or 318 and stick an M badge on the back of your car...it seems to work for a lot of people!

M tech badge ?, sure how bad, people will resort to desperate mesasures to disguise that 'Poverty Spec' tag !

Nothing worse than a slow car tarted up to look fast. The best I have even seen is a golden brown Yaris with a body kit, blown out arches and a spoiler the size of the launch ramp on an aircraft carrier. Every time I see it I laugh...

That's nothing...last year I saw a 1988 white Fiat Uno with those spinner wheels on it...the really expensive ones, complete with inflatable spoiler on the back. I laughed so hard I think the guy in the car saw me.

That's nothing...last year I saw a 1988 white Fiat Uno with those spinner wheels on it...the really expensive ones, complete with inflatable spoiler on the back. I laughed so hard I think the guy in the car saw me.

some people eh??? the bloomin' wheels cost more than the car but at least he can say he has a reliable set of wheels (as opposed to the car )