300 minutes without a goal!

Duke of Marmalade

I don't watch soccer much, honestly.
But last Sunday I watched Liverpool vs Man U; Chelsea vs Man City and today I watched Everton vs Liverpool. That is 300 mins or 5 hours of actual play without a goal:eek:

Last edited:
Everton v Liverpool was the only 0-0 this weekend in the Premier League... what rotten luck!

And the pundits in studio probably tried to convince you each time it was a great game of football.

The betting odds against those three scoreless draws (one had extra time) would have been over 1,000/1. Given that these were the only matches I have watched since the World Cup, I suppose I must take some of the blame. Sorry Liverpool supporters:oops:
And yes the commentators tried to convince me that this was entertaining stuff.

I'm not much of a soccer-ball fan but I do have a soft spot for Liverpool.
Unfortunately all that Arab blood money should swing it for Manchester City.

Turgid games featuring a Liverpool side who currently seem so afraid of losing that they seem unable to break down sides like United who due to losing three players to injury in the first half settled for defending but drawing with Everton really was a poor result-although according to Herr Klopp that result was mainly due to the strong wind !
I actually thought that the City Chelsea final was a fine game lacking only goals however the skill levels were impressive.
Last night however proved that the beautiful game still thrives - Spurs and Dortmund was excellent, Dortmund’s movement was hugely impressive in the first half equaled only by the display of Lloris and Verthongen in particular and what a goal by a Kane to end the tie.
And what a display by Ajax whose brilliance reminded me of the great Dutch teams of the past.

Well I got Bayern - Liverpool totally wrong... so four English teams in the quarters, I wonder will any collide in the draw.

Back